Center for Rescue, Creatures Conservation and Development is an income generating governmental unit under Management Board of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, which is of legal status with separate stamp and bank account, its headquarter of National Park FPU is situated at Son Trach commune, Bo Trach district, Quang Binh province.
Phong Nha – Ke Bang Tourism Center have the functioning to advise and support the Director of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park in implement activities of rescuing, creatures conservation and development and environmental education, awareness raising among local communities and tourists, students when they visit, study, research in the National Park.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
1. Leaders of Center for Rescue, Creatures Conservation and Development
* Director: Le Thuc Dinh
- Mobile: 0945946234
* Vice Director: Tran Ngoc Anh
- Mobile: 0915659417
* Vice Director: Nguyen Van Hai
- Mobile: 0917768357
2. Surbordinate agancies under the management of Center for Rescue, Creatures Conservation and Development:
- Sub-division of General Administration;
- Sub-division of Rescue creatures;
- Sub-division of Research, Conservation creatures;
- Sub-division of Environmental education;
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS
1. Rescue creatures
- Organize activities of receiving and rescue indigenous species and those appropriate to natural habitats at Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park or those permissible for scientific researches under such projects or programs approved by competent government agencies, confiscate of law violation, voluntarily hand over of organizations and individuals.
- Raise animals and plants in the rescue centre or semi-wild environments on purpose of releasing them to natural environment and serving scientific researches.
- Release animals to Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park’s natural habitats once rescued.
- Transfer of individual creatures to other nationwide rescue centers for those animals that Center for Rescue, Creatures Conservation and Development doesn’t have rescue conditions or unsuitable for Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park’s natural habitats.
2. Conservation creatures
- Collect and preserve specimens, biological gene sources in accordance with the law.
- Store, conserve the gene sources of endangered, rare species.
- Research and collect biological and physiological data of conserved species.
3. Sustainable development of species and supply breed sources
- Study on and maintain the original breeds as well as supply the breeding sources for propagation in line with the prevailing legal regulations.
- Provide veterinary, silvicultural services as forestation designing, forest protection... for organizations and individuals in accordance with the law.
4. Propaganda and environmental education:
- Organize communication, dissemination and law education on forest development, environmental protection, biodiversity conservation, tourism and other related law provisions to organizations, individuals, local communities and visitors, students in order to improve their awareness and senses of compliance with legal regulations, aiming to protect the heritage site when they visit, study and research in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.
- Provide information and technical guidelines to organizations and individuals who have been raising wild animals legally.
- Take measures of technical consultant to involve buffer-zone communities in sustainable economic development.
- Provide environmental interpretation and services for visiting, studying, scientific research on biodiversity in the unit’s sub-division of research, conservation, rescue and semi-wild.
5. Organize scientific research activities and services under programs or projects scientific and technical experiments on rescue, creatures development and biodiversity conservation approved by the competent governmental agencies.
6. Organize activities of receiving and use foreign aid NGOs to rescue conservation research and forest creatures development in accordance with the law.
7. International cooperation in rescue, creatures conservation and development.
8.Manage organizational personnel, funding, equipment, technical material; Implement the wage regime and the regimes, remuneration policies, commendation and disciplining of civil servants, employees of Phong Nha – Ke Bang Tourism Center as the legal regulations.
9. Observe the regime of reporting and statistics with the legal regulations; is under the direction and executive, carry out other tasks as assigned by Management Board of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.