Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Forest Protection Unit (National Park FPU) is an administrative unit under Management Board of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park, which is of legal status with separate stamp and bank account, its headquarter of National Park FPU is situated at Son Trach commune, Bo Trach district, Quang Binh province.
National Park FPU have the functioning to advise and support the Director of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park in implementation of forest protection tasks, ensure observance and enforcement of laws on the forest protection and development within the forest area of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Management Board with legal regulations.
Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Forest Protection Unit (National Park FPU) is under direct management of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Management Board; Professional issues are managed by Quang Binh Provincial Forest Protection Department.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
1. Leaders of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Forest Protection Unit
* Director of Forest Protection Unit: Le Thanh Tinh
- Tel: (052) 3677149 Mobile: 0912149525
* Vice Director of FPU: Dinh Huy Tri
- Tel.: (052) 3677150 Mobile: 0943747899
* Vice Director of FPU: Nguyen Quang Vinh
- Mobile: 0948218359
2. Surbordinate agancies under the management of FPU:
- Sub-division of General Administration;
- Sub-division of Inspection – Legislation;
- Mobile ranger team No.1;
- Mobile ranger team No.2;
- Includes 11 Forest station, such: U Bo, Km 40, Tra Ang, Thuong Trach, No.6, Tro Moong, Khe Gat, Cha Noi, Thuong Hoa, Hoa Son, Dan Hoa.
Depending on characteristics of situation, each unit, team, station consist of one manager and two vice manager of forest station.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND RIGHTS
1. Organize the protection of forest ecology, prevention and control of illegal logging, prevention and combat against forest fires and pestilent diseases within the forest area of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.
2. Check and deal with crime violations in accordance with the legal regulations of forest protection and development.
3. Lead and cooperate with functional sectors and local authorities in popularization, awareness raising and education of legal regulations or laws on forest protection; checking and monitoring the local people’s business and production activities and all of vehicles within areas of responsibilities and detecting, correcting and addressing violations as per legal regulations.
4. Organize the direction and management of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park Ranger stations.
5. Organize patrolling and searching activities to detect organizations and individuals involving in deforestation as well as illegal exploitation, storage, trade and trafficking of forest products and wildlife hunting within the management areas. In necessary cases, coordinate with the relevant district’s ranger, local authorities in buffer zone of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park and other relevant agencies in advising the District People’s Committees mobilize the armed forces, other forces and means of organizations and individuals in the localities to fight forest fires, prevention of illegal deforestation.
6. Manage organizational personnel, funding, equipment, technical material; Implement the wage regime and the regimes, remuneration policies, commendation and disciplining of civil servants, employees of National Park FPU as decentralized by the Director of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park Management Board and as legal regulations.
7. Draw up plans for management, protection and development of forest, submit for approval of competent authorities and implement which was approved.
8. Elaborate and implement schemes and measures for protection of forest ecology, prevention and control of illegal logging, hunting, poaching and trapping, prevention and combat against forest fires and pestilent diseases, contracting for protection, planting, tending and enrichment of forests, rehabilitation and improvement of quality and aesthetic values of forests and lease of forests.
9. Observe the regime of reporting and statistics with the legal regulations; is under the direction and executive, carry out other tasks as assigned by Management Board of Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park.